Sunday 28 November 2010

Apple Interactive Concept

Brief
I found during my research into apple apps for ipad, ipod and itouch that the majority of present games is of an arcade nature; classic, clinical and ordinary. Apart from the exception of a few they are all provided for light entertainment. I feel not enough games of this type focus on art and story, they seem to lack depth.
I want to make a concept that is more artistic and storyline based something that keeps the players playing on and entices them in.
I have gathered research and gained inspiration from games such as ‘limbo’ and ‘Loco Roco’. Simple but fun and have a beautiful art direction, ‘Loco Roco’ is a perfect example, it has the controls I want to utilize, I want to create a platform game where the player controls the environment not the character. As for ‘Limbo’, the alternative art direction and the puzzle solving throughout the game gives a good basis for what I want to achieve and the mix of the two games should create something enticing and addictive.
MC Escher’s stairway drawing, ‘relativity’ or ‘house of stairs’ is a great example of the kind of creepy, confusing environment I would like to create with muted colours and shadows to add to the mood it makes you feel the environment is in control not the characters.
The character I want to create is going to be a fictional creature or person, depending
on what fits in with the game play, the game play is side-scroll platform and using the motion sensitivity on the apple products, tilting the environment to make the
 character react and complete its objectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment