Sunday 28 November 2010

Apps

Visited the Apple Store for more product information, workshops and events on Apple
products Address: Merchants Hall, Chapelfield, Norwich NR2 1SH
For my research I visited the apple store to play test the iPad, iPhone and iPod to see which platform would be most suitable for my game. I played an array of games to see what’s on the market now and to make sure my idea or something similar isn’t already out there. As I went through the apps store, I looked through the most popular apps such as ‘angry bird’ and ‘plants vs. zombies’. 2 very simple games which started off as internet games have earned the creators a lot of money! As much as I didn’t like plants vs. zombies, I couldn’t help feeling slightly addicted to it. Angry bird appeals to the sense of humour and puzzle solving, it’s like fun destruction.
I took this simplicity from the games, its surprising because some games have created 1st person shooters but they are nowhere near as popular, they just don’t appeal to the casual gamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment